Swiss National Park & ENGADINE Photo Tour - autumnal Alps - 11 to 15 October 2023
In cooperation with natur im fokus
Our successful photo trip to the Engadine will take place again in 2023. You can already book the trip on naturimfokus.com!
I am happy to be leading this photo trip together with Daniel Spohn from naturimfokus.com! You can find all details and information about the trip here or by email: email@example.com The booking is also done via naturimfokus.com!
Why the Swiss Engadine and why in October?
The Engadin is a beautiful valley in the Swiss canton of Graubünden. Among other things, it is home to well-known tourist resorts such as the village of Sankt Moritz. Large pine-larch forests can be found on the mountain slopes. For only two weeks in October, the larches turn golden-yellow. At this time, one of the most beautiful natural spectacles in Europe takes place in some mountain regions of Switzerland. Picturesque mountain landscapes, larch forests, crystal-clear mountain lakes, glaciers and rivers of meltwater await you on this photo tour, all in the best light. You will be thrilled!
I have been travelling this area since 2014 and know it very well. All locations have been extensively scouted. We know exactly where and when the sun rises and sets and can always count on optimal light moods.
- fantastic mountain lakes framed by the golden-yellow larches and the mighty mountains in the background
- cable car ride to a hotel at 3000 metres above sea level, including overnight stay there with a view of the mighty glaciers
- photographing at glacier rivers between rocks and the golden coloured larches and swiss stone pines
- magnificent landscapes in the high mountains
- overnight stay in an SAC (Swiss Alpine Club) mountain hut
- easy hikes and photography in one of the most beautiful high mountain forests in Europe
What features this journey and what is new in 2023?
- individual trip with hotel recommendation
- 5 days (4 nights) on location in one of the most beautiful regions of Eastern Switzerland
- implementation guarantee from the third participant onwards
- daily workshops with experienced photo trainer Daniel Spohn and landscape photographer & guide André Wandrei
- high individual learning success due to small groups (max. 5 persons per trainer)
- supported with tripods and filter systems from Rollei
- New in 2023: Extensive test possibility of SIGMA lenses on request
- recommended hotels:
- 2 nights incl. breakfast in selected hotels in the Engadine valleys (accommodation in single room)
- 1 night incl. half board in a hotel at 3000 hm with view of the mighty Pers and Morteratsch glaciers (accommodation in single room)
- 1 night incl. half board in a mountain hut of the Swiss Alpine Club at a beautiful mountain lake at 2000 hm (accommodation in 4-bed and 6-bed rooms)
- 1050 € per person incl. costs for local transport, plus hotel and meals
What should you bring along?
- camera with interchangeable lenses, e.g. SLR or mirrorless camera (MFT or bridge camera)
- a stable tripod!
- photo backpack
- full batteries, empty memory cards, charger
- if you are not yet familiar with the operation of your camera, it is an advantage to take the camera manual with you. (We cannot know all cameras of all manufacturers)
- you are healthy and can walk for 20 minutes with your photo backpack
What else is advantageous?
- basic photography skills (focal length, aperture, shutter speed, ISO)
- DSLR or mirrorless camera with lenses from ultra wide angle to telephoto (14mm to 200mm)
- polarising filter, grey filter, grey graduated filter
- remote shutter release
- headlamp with red light
A detailed packing list, including recommended clothing, follows.
What are you learning on this tour?
- image composition
- interaction of aperture, exposure time, ISO
- effect of different focal lengths
- difference between the file formats JPEG and RAW
- reading the histogram correctly
- use of filters (grey filters, graduated filters, polarising filters)
- long exposures
- techniques for creating panoramas
- photographing in low light or darkness
- image review and post-processing in Lightroom